Reduce the safety risks when using LPG cylinders:
- Only use LPG cylinders which have been tested within the last 10 years. The cylinder should be marked with the test date.
- LPG cylinders shall only be refill at plant by main supplier and it deliver through local gas dealer. The delivery shall only be carried out by trained personnel.
- Carefully read and comply with the connection instructions supplied with the LPG cylinder.
- Regularly check cylinder fittings are clean and tight. You can use soapy water to check for leakage.
- Use an approved hose, regulator, valve, piping and related accessories. The rating of fittings use shall comply accordingly
- Turn the gas off at the cylinder or main pipe if you suspect a leak.
- Only use LPG cylinders in well ventilated outdoor areas – never put in confine area / indoors.
- Keep the LPG cylinder in upright position with its relief valves at top side.
- Place the LPG cylinder on a firm level base of non-combustible material.
- Miss used the LPG cylinder for other purpose
- Handle the LPG works without a proper training and supervised by gas competence person
- Attend any leakage area without proper knowledge and PPE